Good Morning! I was so glad when I saw the beautiful Stampin’ Up! Painted Poppies cling stamp set and the coordinating dies because they are such a striking flower, coming in so many colors these days. And I always think of Poppies on Memorial Day because of my childhood, growing up as an Air Force brat, frequently living on base. So I had to bring out these stamps for a Memorial Day card. You can find the supplies I used at the bottom of my post along with the sizes of cardstock used.
I adhered a panel of Flowering Fields designer series paper to a Basic Black mat with liquid glue. I stamped the poppies from the Stampin’ Up! Painted Poppies cling stamp set in Memento Tuxedo Black across a Basic White panel. I colored the flowers with the Poppy Parade Stampin’ Blend and adhered the panel to another panel of Flowering Fields DSP.
I adhered the layered panel to the larger DSP panel with liquid glue. I wrapped the panel with a length of black bakers’s twine and made a bow. I stamped the sentiment from the Peaceful Moments stamp set in Versamark ink on a strip of Basic Black and sprinkled it with white embossing powder. I shook off the excess and heated the powder with my heat tool until it was shiny.
I cut out the sentiment with the long label die from the Potted Succulents dies and adhered it over the twine with dimensionals. I adhered the panel to the front of a Poppy Parade card base with dimensionals.
For the inside of the card, I stamped the the single poppy flower from the Stampin’ Up! Painted Poppies stamp set in Memento Tuxedo Black on a Basic White panel. I colored the flower with a Poppy Parade Stampin’ Blend and the stem and leaves with an Old Olive Stampin’ Blend. I trimmed the bottom with a strip of Flowering fields DSP and adhered the panel to the inside of the card.
The Stampin’ Up Painted Poppies stamp set has simple, pretty poppy flowers and leaves and coordinates with the Painted Labels dies to make gorgeous die cut poppies. Have a safe Memorial day, and I hope you spend time with those you love.
In Color Starter Kit Special Ending Soon!
Ready to start your Stampin’ Up! business in style? Then sign up between May 3 – 31, 2022 to be a demonstrator and get $66.50 in FREE 2022-2024 In Color® products!
The Starter Kit is only $99 + tax!! And if you join between May 3-31, you’ll get:
- $125 Stampin’ Up! merchandise of your choice
- $66.50 in 2022-2024 In Color merchandise
- 2022–2024 In Color Grid Paper – item 160009
- 2022-2024 In Color 8-1/2″ x 11″ Card Stock – item 159204
- 2022-2024 In Color Ink Pad Collection – item 161108
- 2022-2024 In Color 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper – item 159253
- Free business supplies and catalogs
- Free random past Paper Pumpkin Kit
- Free shipping!!
Read more about Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator benefits on my Join My Team page and click the button at the bottom to join. Contact me if you have any questions and I’ll be happy to tell you more! Last Day is Tuesday May 31!
Current Host Code: MHHQUNTF
Use this host code when you order $50 or more and receive a free gift from me! The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 from the January – June 2022 Mini Catalog or the 2022-2023 Annual Catalog!
If your order is over $150, please do not use the host code since you’ll receive your own Host Dollars plus I’ll still send you the free gift! This host code can be used by anyone, no club or commitment required. Let me know if you have any questions.
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Shop Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or contact me if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!
- Visit my online store here
- See the current Stampin’ Up! clearance rack specials here
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! products through my Wildflower Frequent Shopper Program – my way of saying thank you to my online frequent shopper customers.
- Have any questions? I’d be happy to help, click here to contact me.
Cardstock Cuts for this project:
- Poppy Parade – 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ card base scored at 4-1/4″
- Basic Black – 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″ (front mat), 1″ x 3-1/4″ (label)
- Basic White – 3-3/4″ x 5″ (inside panel), 2″ x 5″ (poppy panel)
- Flowering Fields DSP – 3-3/4″ x 5″ (front background), 2-1/8″ x 5″ (front mat), 1/2″ x 5″ (inside trim)