Good morning and welcome to the Happy Inkin’ Thursday Blog Hop! I pulled out the beautiful Stampin’ Up! Splendid Thoughts bundle for today’s card because I wanted to try it out in another color palette. And the results are just as beautiful as with the the coordinating specialty DSP. You can find the currently available supplies I used along with card stock cuts at the bottom of my post.
We have a color challenge this week and here is the pretty color palette we are using:
I embossed a Basic White panel with the Fern 3D embossing folder and adhered it to the front of a Night of Navy card base. I adhered a panel of Sun Prints designer series paper to the cad front with liquid glue and started stamping and cutting my plants.
I stamped the long leaf sprig from the Stampin’ Up! Splendid Thoughts stamp set in Gray Granite on a Basic White panel. I stamped the filler stamp a couple of times over the sprig using stamped off Gray Granite and cut it out with the coordinating die. I cut the long leaf from the light part of a panel of Starry Sky glimmer paper, the round leaf sprig from Pacific Point card stock and the small skinny leaf from Basic White. I arranged and adhered the die cuts to the card front with glue dots.
I cut the bowl from the Stampin’ Up! Splendid Thoughts bundle from a Gray Granite print in the Sun Prints DSP and Gray Granite card stock. I adhered these together with liquid glue and adhered it to the card front with dimensionals. I stamped the sentiment in Gray Granite ink and fussy cut it with my paper snips. I adhered it to the card front with glue dots and finished the card with a Starry Sky metallic ribbon bow and iridescent pearls.
For the inside, I stamped the long leaf sprig in Gray Granite ink on a Basic White panel after stamping off. I stamped off the filler leaves twice before stamping over the plant and trimmed the bottom with a strip of Sun Prints DSP. I adhered the panel to the inside of the card.
The Stampin’ Up! Splendid Thoughts bundle is just beautiful and elegant, so of course it would look pretty in different colors. The Sun Prints DSP has an etherial quality that is beautiful on it’s own, so check out both of these items for making beautiful cards.
If you get lost along the way, here are the participants for the hop:
- Amy Koenders
- Mary Deatherage
- Kristi Gray
- Sue Prather
- Karen Finkle
- Akiko Sudano <– You Are Here
- Karen Ksenzakovic
- Tara Carpenter
- Terry Lynn Bright
Current Host Code: 3XYTPTZC
Use this host code when you order $50 or more and receive a free gift from me! The free gift is your choice of any available item valued up to $10.00 in the 2022-2023 Annual Catalog or the July-December 2022 Mini Catalog!
If your order is over $150, please do not use the host code since you’ll receive your own Host Dollars plus I’ll still send you the free gift! This host code can be used by anyone, no club or commitment required. Let me know if you have any questions.
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Shop Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or contact me if you have any questions.
Thanks for stopping by and Happy Stamping!
- Visit my online store here
- See the current Stampin’ Up! clearance rack specials here
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! products through my Wildflower Frequent Shopper Program – my way of saying thank you to my online frequent shopper customers.
- Have any questions? I’d be happy to help, click here to contact me.
Cardstock Cuts for this project:
- Night of Navy – 4-1/4″ x 11″ card base scored at 5-1/2″
- Pacific Point – 2-1/4″ x 2-1/4″ (die cut leaf sprig)
- Gray Granite – 1-1/4″ x 2-1/2″ (die cut bowl)
- 2022-2024 In Color 6″x6″ Glimmer – 2″ x 3-1/2″ (large die cut leaf sprig)
- Basic White – 4” x 5-1/4” (inside panel), 3-3/4″ x 5″ (embossed background), 1″ x 2″ (label), 1-1/4″ x 2-1/2″ (die cut leaf sprig), 1-1/2″ x 3″ (stamped leaf sprig)
- Sun Prints DSP – 3″ x 4″ (background), 1-1/4″ x 2-1/2″ (die cut bowl), 1/2″ x 4″ (inside trim)