Good Morning and Happy New Year! Welcome to the first Happy Inkin’ Thursday Blog Hop of 2020! Tomorrow is first day for ordering from the 2020 January-June 2020 Mini Catalog and my card is made with the beautiful Stampin’ Up! Peaceful Moments bundle that is just one of the new items that will be available.
We have a sketch challenge this week, and here is the sketch we are using:
I started by embossing a panel of Crumb Cake card stock with the new Coastal Weave embossing folder (also available in the new Mini Catalog tomorrow) and adhering it to a Crumb Cake card base. Then I cut out the solid flowers from Poppy Parade card stock with the Poppy Moments dies and the outline flowers from Calypso Coral cardstock. The Poppy Moments dies are part of the Stampin’ Up! Peaceful Moments bundle. I adhered the flowers with multipurpose liquid glue. I cut out the centers from Basic Black card stock and adhered them to the flowers.
I cut out three sets of large leaves and 1 set of leaf clusters from Pear Pizzazz and Old Olive card stock (solids from Pear Pizzazz) and adhered them together. I love how they automatically create shading and dimension when you put them together!
I arranged the leaves and adhered them to the card with multipurpose liquid glue. I popped the flowers on with dimensionals. I stamped the sentiment from the Stampin’ Up! Peaceful Moments cling stamp set in Memento Tuxedo Black ink on a strip of Whisper White. I adhered it to a Basic Black mat and adhered it to the card base with dimensionals.
I left the inside of the card pretty simple, just adding a strip of embossed Crumb Cake card stock to the side of a Whisper White panel and adhering it to a Basic Black mat. I then adhered it to the inside of the card with multipurpose liquid glue – plenty of room to write a personal message to a dear friend.
Tomorrow is the big day for the the start of the new Mini Catalog and Sale-A-Bration! My shopping list is prepared and I’m just counting down the hours. Enjoy!!
On with the Hop! Click the Next button below to visit Karen Ksenzakovic’s blog.
And just in case you get lost along the way, here’s a list of the team members participating in the hop today:
- Amy Koenders
- Mary Deatherage
- Kristi Gray
- Jaimie Babarczy
- Sue Prather
- Eva Dobilas
- Akiko Sudano <– you are here
- Karen Ksenzakovic
January 1 – 15 Host Code: FB6MBVE3
Use this host code when you order $50 or more and receive a free gift from me! The gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in the 2019-20 Annual Catalog or in the 2019 Holiday Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets!
If your order is over $150, please do not use the host code since you’ll receive your own Host Dollars plus I’ll send you the free gift! This host code can be used by anyone, no commitment required. Let me know if you have any questions.
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Shop Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or contact me if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
Thanks for visiting!
- Visit my online store here
- See the current Stampin’ Up! clearance rack specials here
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! products through my Wildflower Frequent Shopper Program – my way of saying thank you to my frequent shopper online customers.
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter here
- Have any questions? I’d be happy to help, click here to contact me.
Cardstock Cuts for this project:
- Crumb Cake – 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ scored at 4 1/4″ (card base), 3 1/2″ x 4 3/4″ (embossed background), 1/2″ x 3 3/4″ (inside embossed trim)
- Poppy Parade – 2 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ (solid poppy die cuts)
- Calypso Coral – 2 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ (outline poppy die cuts)
- Pear Pizzazz – 1″ x 6″ (3 solid single leaf die cuts), 1 1/2″ x 3 1/4″ (solid leaf cluster)
- Old Olive – 1″ x 6″ (3 outline single leaf die cuts), 1 1/2″ x 3 1/4″ (outline leaf cluster)
- Whisper White – 3 3/4″ x 5″ (inside), 5/8″ x 4″ (label)
- Basic Black – 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ (inside mat), 3/4″ x 4 1/8″ (label mat), 1 1/4″ x 2″ (flower centers)