Happy Mother’s Day! Today I have a fun camping/outdoorsman theme Father’s Day card made with the Stampin’ Up! He’s All That bundle and the Campology cling stamp set. And it’s a fun fold card – a ‘W fold card’ and I used the die cuts from the He’s the Man specialty designer series paper to decorate the panels on the inside of the card. You can find the supplies I used in my video at the bottom of my post along with the sizes of cardstock used.
Here is the link to the Facebook Live video from yesterday. I also posted a copy of the video in my YouTube channel and you can view it here. Skip the first minute and a half, I was having challenges starting the live ☹️:
I adhered a panel of the camping He’s The Man DSP to an Early Espresso mat. I stamped the Father’s Day sentiment from the Stampin’ Up! He’s All That cling stamp set in Early Espresso on a Sahara Sand panel. I stamped the lantern from the Campology stamp set over the sentiment and cut them out with one of the Stitched Rectangles dies.
I colored the lantern with the light Soft Succulent Stampin’ Blend and adhered the panel to an Early Espresso mat. I stamped the lantern again on a Basic White panel and colored the light with Daffodil Delight and Cajun Craze Stampin’ Blends. I fussy cut it out and used an Early Espresso Stampin’ Write marker to color the edge of the paper to cover the white. I adhered the light to the lantern and it really makes it look like it’s shining bright!
I cut two banners from Crushed Curry using the All That dies from the Stampin’ Up! He’s All That bundle and adhered them to the card front with liquid glue. I adhered the lantern panel over the banners with dimensionals. I decorated the banners with rustic dots and the lantern with pebbles enamel shapes.
I adhered the two He’s The Man DSP panels to the inside of the card with liquid glue. I burnished the inside strip at the score lines to make valleys and a mountain and adhered the end panels to the inside of the card with liquid glue. Do not apply glue to the center panels so that they can fold up freely, making a ‘W’ when you look at the card from the side (see below)
I die cut four squares using the Stylish Shapes dies and adhered square panels of He’s the Man DSP to the front. I decorated each square with camping themed die cuts from the DSP and adhered the square panels to the center strip with liquid glue, one square to each folded section.
I allowed the die cuts to go over the edge of the square on the sides, but I was careful that they did not extend above or below the sections.
The He’s the Man die cuts make this project pretty easy. It’s such a fun card for Father’s Day, and perfect for the camper or outdoor enthusiast!
A special thanks to Mary Deatherage for a great tutorial on the ‘W Fold’ fun fold card in her blog post here. After I saw her tutorial, I felt the that it was the perfect card for the new He’s the Man specialty DSP and the Father’s Day sentiment in the Stampin’ Up! He’s All That bundle was the perfect occasion. I hope you’re inspired to make a W fold card. It’s a pretty easy fold and it is so impressive when opened!
After all the Father’s Day talk, I need to close by thanking you for following my blog and wish you all a happy, wonderful and relaxing Mother’s Day!
Stampin’ In The Meadows Double Wildflower points ordering special!
To celebrate the launch of the new Stampin’ Up! 2022-2023 Annual Catalog, I am offering a Double Wildflower points ordering special through May 10.
If you don’t know about my Wildflower Points frequent shopper program, here’s how it works:
- For each $50 that you order from my online store (before shipping) you will earn one Wildflower point.
- You will earn one Wildflower point for each friend that you refer when they place their first order of $50+ from my online store.
- When you have earned 8 Wildflower points you will get a FREE product order valued up to $40.00, your choice and mailed directly to you!
With DOUBLE Wildflower points you get 2 points for each $50 order, 4 points for each $100 order, and so on, reaching your FREE order faster!!
Current Host Code: ZFMCWFCA
Use this host code when you order $50 or more and receive a free gift from me! The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 from the January – June 2022 Mini Catalog or the 2022-2023 Annual Catalog!
If your order is over $150, please do not use the host code since you’ll receive your own Host Dollars plus I’ll still send you the free gift! This host code can be used by anyone, no club or commitment required. Let me know if you have any questions.
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Shop Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or contact me if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!
- Visit my online store here
- See the current Stampin’ Up! clearance rack specials here
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! products through my Wildflower Frequent Shopper Program – my way of saying thank you to my online frequent shopper customers.
- Have any questions? I’d be happy to help, click here to contact me.
Cardstock Cuts for this project:
- Cajun Craze – 4-1/4″ x 11″ card base scored at 5-1/2″, 1-3/4″ x 11″ strip scored at 2-3/4″, 5-1/2″, 8-1/4″ (inside ‘W’ strip, folded Valley, Mountain, Valley style; see picture above)
- Early Espresso – 4″ x 5-1/4″ (front mat), 2-3/8″ x 3-3/4″ (lantern mat), 1″ x 2-3/8″ (inside mat)
- Crushed Curry – 1-1/2″ x 2″ (die cut banners)
- Sahara Sand – 2-1/2″ x 3-3/4″ (lantern panel)
- Soft Succulent – 2-3/4″ x 11″ (die cut squares)
- Basic White – 1″ x 2″ (fussy cut lantern light)
- He’s The Man specialty DSP – 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″ (front background), two 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ panels (inside panels), four 2-1/8″ x 2-1/8″ panels (inside square backgrounds), various die cut shapes to decorate the inside squares
4 thoughts on “Stampin’ Up! He’s All That Father’s Day Card with Video Tutorial”
Such a great card! Love the colors and the inside panels are awesome! 🙂
Thanks Amy! 😊
Do you have any stamp camp kits to go??? Love your cards! Thanks, Michelle
Thank you so much!! No I’m sorry I don’t. 😊
Comments are closed.