Good Morning! The Stampin’ Up! Fragrant Flowers bundle is a pretty floral stamp set with bold sentiments. It is on the January – April Mini Catalog retiring list and I paired it with retiring In Colors Pale Papaya and Soft Succulent for a thank you card using an emboss resist watercoloring technique. You can find the supplies I used at the bottom of my post along with the sizes of cardstock used.
I adhered a panel of Delicate Desert designer series paper to a Basic White mat and adhered the layered panel to the front of a Pale Papaya card base. I stamped the large flower from the Stampin’ Up! Fragrant Flowers stamp set in Versamark ink on Basic White. I sprinkled it with white embossing powder and shook off the excess. I heated it with my heat tool until it was bright and shiny.
I used a water painter to apply Soft Succulent ink to the leaves and Pale Papaya ink to the flowers. You’re not supposed to use Basic White for watercolor, but it didn’t turn out bad. It didn’t blend as smoothly as using watercolor paper or shimmery white paper, and I colored it quickly so it wouldn’t get too wet. I patted it with a paper towel to remove color from the embossing and cut it out with the coordinating die. I cut three large detailed leaves from Delicate Desert DSP.
I stamped the sentiment from the Stampin’ Up! Fragrant Flowers stamp set in Soft Succulent on Basic White and cut it out with the sentiment die. I wound some linen thread around the card front, adhering it with Stampin’ Seal. I adhered the flowers over the linen thread with dimensionals and tucked the leaves under the flower. I adhered the label with glue dots and dimensionals and finished the card front with Soft Succulent Opal Rounds.
For the inside of the card, I trimmed the bottom with Delicate Desert DSP and adhered it to the inside of the card. This leaves plenty of room for a personal message.
The white embossed outline for the flowers gives the flowers in the Stampin’ Up! Fragrant Flowers stamp set a softer, more delicate look. The stamps come in both cling and photopolymer and the dies are discounted for the Last Chance Products sale.
Last Chance Products Sale Starts Today!
This Last Chance Products promotion will include two lists of Last Chance Products that will no longer be available once the catalog retires. There will be one for each catalog retiring. For these retiring catalogs, there will not be a Carryover List. You can find carryover products in the upcoming Annual Catalog.
A few things to know about the retiring lists and the Last Chance products:
- Items on the retiring list are only available while supplies last, so order soon to make sure that you are able to get the items that you are wanting!
- The 2021-2023 In Color items, ink pads, refills, Stampin’ Blends and cardstock are usually some of the first items to sell out (The Soft Succulent Stampin’ Blends are already gone!!).
- There will be retiring colors as part of the Color Refresh, and these items will likely sell out early as well!
- Some of the items will have sale prices listed with discounts up to 60% off.
- The last day to order from these catalogs will be May 1, 2023.
Note that while some of the bundles are on the retiring list, the individual stamps and dies/punched may be carried over. Also, if one of the items in a retiring bundle is deeply discounted, the total price may be less than the bundled price, so pull out your calculators to double check.
Click HERE to download a PDF of the Retiring Last Chance Products from the 2022-2023 Annual Catalog.
Click HERE to download a PDF of the Retiring Last Chance Products from the January-April 2023 Mini Catalog.
Shop early to get the items you want before they’re gone for good!
New 2023-2024 Annual Catalog Coming Soon!
The new Stampin’ Up! 2023-2024 Annual Catalog will debut on May 2, 2023! The Demonstrator pre-order will occur during April, so there will be sneak peeks of wonderful new products and colors! I will be ordering catalogs for my current customers at the beginning of the month and sending them to my customers. If you would like a copy, simply place an order and I will be happy to send you one, too!
Get the complete details on the new 2023-2025 In Colors and the Color Refresh on my Stampin’ Up! Promotions Page.
Current Host Code: XPRMTP4D
Use this host code when you order $50 or more and receive a Thank You gift from me! The free gift is your choice of any currently available item valued up to $10.00.
If your order is over $150, please do not use the host code since you’ll receive your own Host Dollars plus I’ll still send you the Thank You gift! This host code can be used by anyone, no club or commitment required. Let me know if you have any questions.
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Shop Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or contact me if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!
- Visit my online store here
- See the current Stampin’ Up! clearance rack specials here
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! products through my Wildflower Frequent Shopper Program – my way of saying thank you to my online frequent shopper customers.
- Have any questions? I’d be happy to help, click here to contact me.
Cardstock Cuts for this project:
- Pale Papaya – 4-1/4″ x 11″ card base scored at 5-1/2″
- Basic White – two 4″ x 5-1/4″ panels (front mat and inside panel), 1-1/4″ x 3-3/4″ (label), 3-1/2″ x 4-1/2″ (die cut flowers)
- Delicate Desert DSP – 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″ (front background), 1/2″ x 4″ (inside trim), 1-1/2″ x 6″ (die cut leaves)
2 thoughts on “Stampin’ Up! Fragrant Flowers”
Your watercoloring turned out beautifully! Love the colors that and that flower image is stunning! 🙂
Thank you! It’s fun to use different coloring techniques! 😊
Comments are closed.