Good Morning! Last weekend I got together with some Stampin’ friends and made some Spring cards – it was so relaxing and fun! Here’s one of the cards we made with the wonderful Stampin’ Up! Pansy Patch bundle. This is the best set for making pansies, with a great photopolymer stamp set and dies. The stamp set has beautiful sentiments and stamps to make these beautiful spring flowers and the best dies to both cut out the stamped flowers and dies to create gorgeous flowers from card stock. I used the die cut flowers for today’s card and you can find the supplies I used at the bottom of my post along with the sizes of cardstock used.
I borrowed the card sketch from Heidi Collins and her snip and flip card – I love her idea of chopping off 1-1/2″ off your card base and flipping it for your sentiment! So I made my card base from Mango Melody, snipped the end and adhered a panel of floral Texture Chic specialty designer series paper to the front. I stamped the sentiment from the Stampin’ Up! Pansy Patch stamp set in Soft Succulent ink on Basic White and adhered it to a panel of Distressed Gold specialty paper before adhering it to the snipped Mango Melody. I flipped the layered label and adhered the it to the card front with liquid glue.
I used the Pansy Dies from the Stampin’ Up! Pansy Patch bundle to cut card stock for my flower, bud and leaves. I cut the large bottom flower from Basic White and the edging from Mango Melody. I cut two top flower petals and large bud from So Saffron and the flower center, top petal edging and bud outer petal from Blackberry Bliss. I cut the bud stem and detailed leaves from Soft Succulent and the leaf bases from Evening evergreen. I assembled the flower by adhering the petal edgings to the petals with small dots of liquid glue and then adhering the top sections to the back of the bottom section. I finished it by adhering the center to the flower.
I assembled the bud by adhering the bud outer petal to the center petal with liquid glue and then adhering the stem on top. I assembled the leaves by adhering the detailed die cuts on the background with liquid glue. Then I laid out the pieces on the card before adhering the leaves and buds with glue dots and the flower with dimensionals. I made a bow with gold twine and adhered it with glue dots and finished the card with In color opal rounds – Polished Pink for the flower center and Pale Papaya for the label.
For the inside of the card, I adhered a panel of Texture Chic specialty DSP to the side of a Basic White panel and adhered it to the inside of the card with Stampin’ Seal. The DSP will show through to the front when the card is closed!
This week I’m planting pansies for my front yard, so I wanted to make a card with the beautiful Stampin’ Up! Pansy Patch bundle. It’s one of my all time favorites!
Current Host Code: XPRMTP4D
Use this host code when you order $50 or more and receive a Thank You gift from me! The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in the 2022-2023 Annual Catalog or the January-April 2023 Mini Catalog!
If your order is over $150, please do not use the host code since you’ll receive your own Host Dollars plus I’ll still send you the Thank You gift! This host code can be used by anyone, no club or commitment required. Let me know if you have any questions.
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Shop Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or contact me if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!
- Visit my online store here
- See the current Stampin’ Up! clearance rack specials here
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! products through my Wildflower Frequent Shopper Program – my way of saying thank you to my online frequent shopper customers.
- Have any questions? I’d be happy to help, click here to contact me.
Cardstock Cuts for this project:
- Mango Melody – 4-1/4″ x 11″ card base scored at 5-1/2″ (snip 1-1/2″ off one end, resulting in a 4-1/4″ x 9-1/2″ card base and a 1-1/2″ x 4-1/4″ panel for your label), 1-3/4″ x 2-1/4″ (lower pansy petal edge)
- Distressed Gold specialty – 1-1/4″ x 4″ (label mat)
- Soft Succulent – 2″ x 3″ (die cut bud stem and detailed leaves)
- Evening Evergreen – 1-1/2″ x 2-1/4″ (solid leaves)
- Blackberry Bliss – 1-3/4″ x 2-1/2″ (die cut flower edges and outer bud)
- So Saffron – 1-1/2″ x 3-1/2″ (flower top petals and inner bud)
- Basic White – 4″ x 5-1/4″ (inside panel), 1-1/8″ x 3-7/8″ (label), 1-3/4″ x 2-1/4″ (lower pansy petals)
- Texture Chic specialty DSP – 3-3/4″ x 4″ (front background), 2″ x 4″ (inside panel trim)
4 thoughts on “Stampin’ Up! Pansy Patch Thank You Card”
This is so pretty, Akiko. I pinned it and hope to create something similar. TFS.
Thanks so much!! 😊
Such a pretty card Akiko! Love the colors on your pansy, perfect with that designer paper background! 🙂
Thanks Amy!! 😊
Comments are closed.