Good Morning and welcome to the Happy Inkin’ Thursday Blog Hop! Today I have a masculine birthday card made with the Stampin’ Up! Handsomely Suited bundle and Well Suited designer series paper. You can find the supplies used to create this card at the bottom of my post along with the sizes of cardstock used.
We have a sketch challenge this week, and here’s the sketch we’re using.
My card also works for the #TGIFC301 challenge at TGIF Challenges with a fun plaid theme:
I started by adhering a panel of the Pacific Point and tweed plaid panels of Well Suited designer series paper to Basic Black mats. I adhered the small panel flush with the top of it’s mat and then I adhered the small panel to the large one, aligning the top of the DSP panels.
I slipped a buckle on the Gray Granite ribbon and wrapped it around the layered panel, adhering it in the back. I adhered the panel to the front of a Basic Gray card base. I stamped the large bow tie from the Stampin’ Up! Handsomely Suited cling stamp set in Memento Tuxedo Black ink on a small panel of Poppy Point paper from the Well Suited DSP pack and cut it out with the coordinating die. I cut out another bow tie from Basic White and adhered it to the back of the tie to make it stiffer.
I stamped the birthday sentiment from the Stampin’ Up! Handsomely Suited stamp set in Memento Tuxedo Black ink on the bottom of a small Basic White panel and adhered the panel to a Basic Black mat. I popped the bow tie on top of the sentiment with dimensionals and popped the label on the card front with dimensionals.
For the inside of the card, I stamped the sentiment from the Stampin’ Up! Handsomely Suited stamp set in Memento Tuxedo Black ink on a Basic White panel. I trimmed the bottom with tweed paper from the Well Suited designer series paper pack and adhered it to the inside of the card.
The Stampin’ Up! Handsomely Suited bundle is a great new bundle for making masculine cards, especially with the coordinating Well Suited designer series paper.
On with the Hop! Click the Next button below to visit Karen Ksenzakovic’s blog.
And just in case you get lost along the way, here’s a list of the team members participating in the hop today:
- Amy Koenders
- Mary Deatherage
- Kristi Gray
- Jaimie Babarczy
- Sue Prather
- Akiko Sudano <– you are here
- Karen Ksenzakovic
February Host Code: JNWPB7A4
Use this host code when you order $50 or more and receive a free gift from me! The gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in the 2019-20 Annual Catalog or in the 2020 January-June Mini Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets!
If your order is over $150, please do not use the host code since you’ll receive your own Host Dollars plus I’ll still send you the free gift! This host code can be used by anyone, no commitment required. Let me know if you have any questions.
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Shop Now Button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or contact me if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
Thanks for visiting!
- Visit my online store here
- See the current Stampin’ Up! clearance rack specials here
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! products through my Wildflower Frequent Shopper Program – my way of saying thank you to my frequent shopper online customers.
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter here
- Have any questions? I’d be happy to help, click here to contact me.
Cardstock Cuts for this project:
- Basic Gray – 4-1/4″ x 11″ card base scored at 5-1/2″
- Basic Black – 4″ x 5-1/4″ (front tweed background mat), 2-1/8″ x 4-1/16″ (Pacific Point plaid inset mat), 1-5/8″ x 2-1/8″ (label mat)
- Basic White – 4″ x 5-1/4″ (inside panel), 1-1/2″ x 2″ (label), 1-1/4″ x 2-1/4″ (bow tie backing)
- Well Suited DSP – 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″ (front tweed background), 2″ x 4″ (Pacific Point Plaid inset), 1-1/4″ x 2-1/4″ (Poppy Parade bow tie), 1/2″ x 4″ (tweed inside trim)
Stampin’ Up! products used in this project: