Good morning and welcome to the Happy Inkin’ Thursday Blog Hop! I’m using one of my all time favorite bundles for today’s card – the Stampin’ Up! Celebrate Sunflowers bundle! It’s great that this bundle has been brought back for the Savings In Bloom! sale this month and I paired it with the exclusive Waves of the Ocean designer series paper for a card perfect for today. You can find the supplies I used along with card stock cuts at the bottom of my post.
We have a Sketch Challenge this week and here’s the fun sketch we are using:
I embossed a Pacific Point panel with the Hive 3D embossing folder and trimmed it to 4″ x 5-1/4″ (note that this is a folder that will shrink, so I cut the panel to size after embossing). I adhered the embossed panel to the front of a Pacific Point card base with liquid glue.
I adhered the pretty foil and DSP strips to the card front with liquid glue. I cut the Daffodil Delight panels with the solid and detailed large sunflower dies from the Stampin’ Up! Celebrate Sunflowers bundle. I cut a panel of Waves of the Ocean DSP with the solid sunflower die and adhered it to the Daffodil Delight die cut. I cut the daffodil center from the Waves of the Ocean DSP and adhered it to the center before adhering the detailed die cut on top with dimensionals.
I decorated the center of the daffodil with iridescent gemstones and adhered the flower to the card front with dimensionals. I finished the card with a little bumblebee trinket.
For the inside, I stamped the large sunflower from the Stampin’ Up! Celebrate Sunflowers stamp set in Daffodil Delight ink in the corners of a Basic White panel. I stamped the sentiment in Pacific Point and adhered the panel to the inside of the card.
The Stampin’ Up! Celebrate Sunflowers bundle is so beautiful and goes well with the Waves of the Ocean designer series paper. And it’s perfect for today!
If you get lost along the way, here are the participants for the hop:
- Amy Koenders
- Mary Deatherage
- Kristi Gray
- Jaimie Babarczy
- Sue Prather
- Karen Finkle
- Akiko Sudano <– You Are Here
- Karen Ksenzakovic
- Tara Carpenter
Current Host Code: MPMDW6BG
Use this host code when you order $50 or more and receive a free gift from me! The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in the 2021 – 2022 Annual Catalog or the January – June 2022 Mini Catalog!
If your order is over $150, please do not use the host code since you’ll receive your own Host Dollars plus I’ll still send you the free gift! This host code can be used by anyone, no club or commitment required. Let me know if you have any questions.
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Shop Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or contact me if you have any questions.
Thanks for stopping by and Happy Stamping!
- Visit my online store here
- See the current Stampin’ Up! clearance rack specials here
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! products through my Wildflower Frequent Shopper Program – my way of saying thank you to my online frequent shopper customers.
- Have any questions? I’d be happy to help, click here to contact me.
Cardstock Cuts for this project:
- Pacific Point – 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ card base scored at 4-1/4″, 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ (embossed background)
- Daffodil Delight – two 3-1/2″ x 3-1/2″ panels (sunflower die cuts)
- Blue Foil Sheets – 1-1/4″ x 4-1/2″ (front foil stripe)
- Basic White – 4″ x 5-1/4″ (inside panel)
- Waves of the Ocean DSP – 3-1/2″ x 3-1/2″ (sunflower die cut), 1-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ (front blue stripe), 3/4″ x 4″ (front yellow stripe), 1″ x 1″ (sunflower center)