Good Morning! Yesterday afternoon I pulled out the pretty Stampin’ Up! Love Of Leaves photopolymer stamp set and the beautiful Stitched Leaves dies to make a pair of fall cards. The Stitched leaves dies have pretty stitching on the outside of the die so you can create a pretty stitched leaf and an outline for the leaves with a pretty stitched edge. So I used the dies to make two cards from one cut. You can find the supplies I used at the bottom of my post along with the sizes of cardstock used.
Here is the Facebook Live video showing how I made the cards:
For the first card, I embossed a panel of Cinnamon Cider with the Timber 3D embossing folder and adhered it to the front of a Cinnamon Cider card base. I cut a panel of Beauty of the Earth designer series paper with the third largest Stitched Rectangle die and adhered it to the card front with liquid glue. I cut the large leaf from the Stitched leaves dies with the inset from a Cajun Craze panel and used the outside frame for this card. I wrapped it with Linen Thread and made a bow and adhered it to the card front with dimensionals.
I finished it off with a label stamped with the sentiment from the Stampin’ Up! Love of Leaves stamp set stamped in Misty Moonlight on Cinnamon Cider. I cut it out with the small, long stitched rectangle die using the two step method and adhered it to the card front.
For the second card, I embossed a Soft Suede panel with the Bard 3D embossing folder and adhered it to the front of a Soft Suede card base. I cut panels of Beauty of the Earth DSP and Bumblebee DSP with the fourth largest Stitched Rectangle die and adhered them to the card front with liquid glue. I cut out the long leaf from the Stitched Leaves dies in Mossy Meadow and the small leaf from Cork paper using the dies with their insets. I adhered these leaves with the Cajun Craze leaf from the first card to the card front.
I finished off the card with a label stamped with the sentiment from the In Bloom photopolymer stamp set stamped in Soft Suede on Cinnamon Cider and cut out with the Stitched Rectangles die. I adhered the label to the card front with dimensionals. I finished off both card fronts with Brushed Metallic Dots.
For the inside of the cards, I inked up the large leaf stamp from the Stampin’ Up! Love Of Leaves stamp set with Cajun Craze ink and stamped off twice. Then I stamped the leaf in the middle of a Basic White panel. I adhered a strip of Beauty of the Earth DSP to the bottom of the panel and adhered the panel to the inside of the card. I made the insides of both cards the same, but you could easily add inside sentiments that go with the occasion – or not.
The outside die stitching makes the Stitched Leaves dies very special because you don’t always get the nice decorative edging. This makes it easy to creatively use negative space in card making – you could even use it for a shaker card! The coordinating Stampin’ Up! Love Of Leaves stamp set has stamps for pretty shaded leaves and wonderful sentiments. We’re so lucky to have so many options for beautiful Fall stamp sets right now! I can’t decide on which I love best!
Current Host Code: U6K4RBB4
Use this host code when you order $50 or more and receive a free gift from me! The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog or the July – December 2021 Mini Catalog!
If your order is over $150, please do not use the host code since you’ll receive your own Host Dollars plus I’ll still send you the free gift! This host code can be used by anyone, no club or commitment required. Let me know if you have any questions.
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Shop Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or contact me if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!
- Visit my online store here
- See the current Stampin’ Up! clearance rack specials here
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! products through my Wildflower Frequent Shopper Program – my way of saying thank you to my online frequent shopper customers.
- Have any questions? I’d be happy to help, click here to contact me.
Cardstock Cuts for this project:
- Thank You Card
- Cinnamon Cider – 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ card base scored at 4-1/4″, 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ (embossed panel), 3/4″x 2-1/2″ (label)
- Cajun Craze – 3-1/2″ x 3-1/2″ (die cut leaf panel)
- Basic White – 4″ x 5-1/4″ (inside panel)
- Beauty of the Earth DSP – 3-1/4″ x 4-3/4″ (die cut rectangle), 1/2″ x 4″ (inside trim)
- Birthday Card
- Soft Suede – 4-1/4″ x 11″ card base scored at 5-1/2″, 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ (embossed panel)
- Cinnamon Cider – 1-1/4″x 3-1/2″ (label)
- Cajun Craze – Die cut leaf from Thank You Card
- Mossy Meadow – 1″ x 3-1/2″ (die cut long leaf)
- Bumblebee – 3″ x 4-1/4″ (die cut rectangle)
- Cork – 1″ x 1-1/2″ (small die cut leaf)
- Basic White – 4″ x 5-1/4″ (front mat), 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″ (inside panel), 2-1/8″ x 3-7/8″ (die cut lacy edges), 2″ x 3-3/4″ (tree panel)
- Basic White – 4″ x 5-1/4″ (inside panel)
- Beauty of the Earth DSP – 3″ x 4-1/4″ (die cut rectangle), 1/2″ x 4″ (inside trim)