Good Morning and Welcome to another Happy Inkin’ Thursday Blog Hop! I hope you’re enjoying everyone’s projects and I’m sure everyone loved your handmade Christmas Cards! While we’re awaiting the launch of the new Mini Catalog on January 3, I thought I would return to some old favorites for a Hello Card for today’s Hop. Here is my card:
We have a color challenge this week, and here is the color pallette we are using:
I started by stamping six flowers from the Stampin’ Up! Floral Essence stamp set in Rococo Rose on Very Vanilla Card Stock. I punched them out with the Perennial Flower Punch and curled the petals with my bone folder. I adhered the centers of two petal clusters to make three flowers and added a Perennial Essence floral center to each. I punched 5 leaf clusters from Old Olive vellum using the Leaf punch.
I adhered a panel of the wood grain paper from the Pressed Petals specialty designer series paper to a very vanilla mat. I adhered a strip of the floral Pressed Petals paper to a soft suede mat and adhered it to the wood grained panel background. I stamped the hello sentiment from the A Little Lace stamp set using Rococo Rose ink on a strip of Very Vanilla and trimmed the end before adhering it to the panel.
I arranged the vellum leaves and flowers on the panel and adhered it with glue dots. I made a bow from the Very Vanilla scalloped lace trim and adhered it next to the flowers. I adhered the decorated panel to a Rococo Rose card base using dimensionals.
I kept the inside of the card simple and only decorated it by adhering a strip of the floral Pressed Petals DSP to the bottom of a Very Vanilla panel and adhering to the inside of the card. This leaves plenty of room to write a personal hello message!
I can’t wait to mix up these flowers with some of the new items in the upcoming Mini Catalog!
On with the Hop! Click the Next button below to visit Karen K’s blog.
And just in case you get lost along the way, here’s a list of the team members participating in the hop today:
- Amy Koenders
- Mary Deatherage
- Jaimie Babarczy
- Sue Prather
- Karen Finkle
- Akiko Sudano <– you are here
- Karen Ksenzakovic
December 16 – 31 Host Code: A99JPHA3
Use this host code when you order $50 or more and receive a free gift from me! The gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in the 2019-20 Annual Catalog or in the 2019 Holiday Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets!
If your order is over $150, please do not use the host code since you’ll receive your own Host Dollars plus I’ll send you the free gift! This host code can be used by anyone, no commitment required. Let me know if you have any questions.
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Shop Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or contact me if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
Thanks for visiting!
- Visit my online store here
- See the current Stampin’ Up! clearance rack specials here
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! products through my Wildflower Frequent Shopper Program – my way of saying thank you to my frequent shopper online customers.
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter here
- Have any questions? I’d be happy to help, click here to contact me.
Cardstock Cuts for this project:
- Rococo Rose 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ scored at 4 1/4″ (card base)
- Very Vanilla – 2″ x 8 1/2″ (flower petal clusters), 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ (front mat), 4″ x 5 1/4″ (inside)
- Soft Suede – 1 1/4″ x 5 1/4″
- Pressed Petals DSP – 4″ x 5 1/4″ (wood, front background), 1 1/8″ x 5 1/4″ (flower, front band), 1/2″ x 5 1/4″ (flower, inside trim)
- Old Olive Vellum – 2 1/2″ x 5″ (punched leaf clusters)