Good morning and welcome to the Happy Inkin’ Thursday Blog Hop! Here is a CAS (clean and simple) card made with the fun Stampin’ Up! Spruced Up bundle with a pretty embossed background You can find the supplies I used along with card stock cuts at the bottom of my post.
We have a theme challenge this week and our theme is Christmas!
I embossed a panel of Basic White with the fun Whimsical Woodland 3D embossing folder and adhered it to a Basic White mat.
I used the ornament dies from the Stampin’ Up! Spruced Up bundle to cut outlines from Real Red, Tahitian Tide and Parakeet Party glimmer paper. I used a dark Shaded Spruce Stampin’ blend to color the Parakeet Party ornament darker. I adhered the ornaments to the embossed panel with dots of liquid glue. After they dried, I adhered the embossed panel to the front of a Thick Basic White card base.
I stamped the sentiments from the Stampin’ Up! Spruced Up photopolymer stamp set in Versamark ink on strips of Basic Black and sprinkled them with white embossing powder. I shook off the excess powder and heated them with my heat tool until they were bright and shiny. I trimmed the ends and adhered the sentiments to the card front with glue dots. I adhered some rhinestones around the card for a little more bling.
For the inside of the card, I stamped the sentiments from the Stampin’ Up! Spruced Up stamp set in Shaded Spruce ink on a Basic White panel. I stamped the present in Real Red next to the sentiments and adhered the panel to the inside of the card with Stampin’ Seal.
The Stampin’ Up! Spruced Up bundle is pretty versatile and great for clean and simple Christmas cards. The outline dies for the trees and ornaments is really unique – it’s a fun set to play with!
If you get lost along the way, here are the participants for the hop:
- Amy Koenders
- Mary Deatherage
- Kristi Gray
- Jaimie Babarczy
- Sue Prather
- Karen Finkle
- Akiko Sudano <– You Are Here
- Karen Ksenzakovic
- Tara Carpenter
- Terry Lynn Bright
- Carol Buckalew
Current Host Code: F7CW3QU3
Use this host code when you order $50 or more and receive a free gift from me! The free gift is your choice of any available item valued up to $10.00 in the 2022-2023 Annual Catalog or the July-December 2022 Mini Catalog!
If your order is over $150, please do not use the host code since you’ll receive your own Host Dollars plus I’ll still send you the free gift! This host code can be used by anyone, no club or commitment required. Let me know if you have any questions.
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Shop Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or contact me if you have any questions.
Thanks for stopping by and Happy Stamping!
- Visit my online store here
- See the current Stampin’ Up! clearance rack specials here
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! products through my Wildflower Frequent Shopper Program – my way of saying thank you to my online frequent shopper customers.
- Have any questions? I’d be happy to help, click here to contact me.
Cardstock Cuts for this project:
- Thick Basic White – 4-1/4″ x 11″ card base scored at 5-1/2″
- Basic Black – two 1/2″ x 2″ strips (front labels)
- Real Red & White 6″ x 6″ Glimmer – 1-1/2″ x 2″ (small ornament)
- 2022-2024 In Color 6″ x 6″ Glimmer – 1-3/4″ x 3-1/2″ (long ornament), 2-1/4″ x 2-3/4″ (medium ornament)
- Basic White – 3-3/4″ x 5″ (embossed front background), 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″ (front mat), 4″ x 5-1/4″ (inside panel)