Good Morning! Today I have a sneak peek for you of a special suite that will be available beginning November 1 called Christmastime is Here. It features the beautiful Stampin’ Up! Christmas Rose stamp set which can be purchased separately or bundled with the Roses dies.
I also tried something I haven’t done for a while – coloring it with the no-line watercolor technique. I’m not very experienced with this technique, but because the rose image and other products in this suite are so beautiful, I think the card came out pretty nice. You can find the supplies used to create this card at the bottom of my post along with the sizes of cardstock used.
Because I’ve been playing with the Paper Pumpkin kit and the beautiful shimmer paper, I decided to pull out my shimmer paper because it can be used with aqua painters. So I stamped the beautiful rose bouquet image from the upcoming Stampin’ Up! Christmas Rose stamp set in Crumb Cake ink on white shimmer paper. I used my aqua painter to color the roses using Cherry Cobbler ink, the leaves in Shaded Spruce ink, the pinecones in Soft Suede ink, the pine sprigs in Pretty Peacock ink and the berries in Blackberry Bliss ink. After I colored the bouquet, I cut it out with the matching die from the Roses dies.
I stamped the Merry Christmas greeting from the Stampin’ Up! Christmas Rose stamp set in VersaMark Ink on a panel of Cherry Cobbler card stock. I sprinkled it with gold embossing powder and heat set. I cut it out with the small label from the Frosted Bouquet dies. I cut a panel of gold foil using the large label from the Frosted Bouquet dies and adhered it to the back of the Merry Christmas label.
I assembled the card front by taking a panel of the diamond patterned paper from the Christmastime is Here Specialty designer series paper and adhering it to a gold foil mat with liquid glue. I then adhered it to a Cherry Cobbler card base. Then I adhered the labels with liquid glue and the pretty rose bouquet with dimensionals. I’m glad that I used the white shimmer paper, because the roses sparkle! I finished the front off with some gold glitter enamel dots.
I stamped the greeting from the Stampin’ Up! Christmas Roses stamp set in Cherry Cobbler on a panel of Whisper White. I added a strip of the diamond DSP to the bottom and adhered it to a gold foil mat before adhering it to the inside of the card with liquid glue.
The idea of the no-line watercolor technique is that the outline stamping is blended with the ink used to do the watercoloring so that you don’t have harsh outlines on your images and you achieve a more natural look. I don’t think I achieved this effect everywhere in the rose bouquet, so I plan to keep working on my watercolor skills. It was fun to try something that I haven’t done in a while.
The Christmastime is Here suite will be available beginning November 1 while supplies last. Everything is beautiful in the suite and will make the most elegant Christmas Cards!
October 15 – 31 Host Code: 3KQUKV9U
Use this host code when you order and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in the 2018-19 Annual Catalog or in the 2019 Occasions Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets!
Christmastime Is Here Product Suite Available November 1!
Stampin’ Up! has a new limited-time product suite called Christmastime Is Here that will be available for customers to purchase beginning November 1!
This exclusive, limited-time collection of festive, floral coordinating products has everything you need to share love, joy, and creativity this holiday season.
Products from the Christmastime Is Here Suite will be available beginning November 1 only while supplies last.
Click this image to open up a full size PDF flyer with all of the details for this beautiful new product suite! The colors in the Designer Series Paper are: Gold, Cherry Cobbler, Mossy Meadow, Poppy Parade and Early Espresso!
Today Only! – 24 Hour Stamp Sale
Today is the big day! For 24-HOURS ONLY, you can save 15% on select stamp sets. This sale will be over at midnight (Mountain Time), so head over to my online store to shop before it’s too late. Here are the details:
- Get select sets at a 15% discount.
- All selected stamp sets can be applied to Starter Kits.
- Discount applies to select stamp sets only when purchased individually during the 24-hour promotion period.
- Bundles featuring stamp sets from the promotion will not be discounted.
- If you purchased a stamp set prior to the sale, we will not be offering exchanges or credits.
- In the event that we run out of any item offered, promotional pricing will be honored on items backordered, up to the point it reaches the backorder limit. Once an item reaches the backorder limit and is not orderable, it will no longer be available during the promotion and will not be available to order until additional inventory arrives.
Click this image to open a full size PDF of the flyer with all the stamp sets that are on sale.
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Shop Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or contact me if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
- Visit my online store here
- See the current Stampin’ Up! clearance rack specials here
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! products through my Wildflower Frequent Shopper Program – my way of saying thank you to my frequent shopper online customers.
- Have any questions? I’d be happy to help, click here to contact me.
Cardstock Cuts for this project:
- Cherry Cobbler – 4 1/4″ x 11″, 2″ x 3 1/2″
- Whisper White – 3 5/8″ x 4 7/8″
- Gold foil – (2) 3 3/4″ x 5″, 2″ x 3 1/2″
- Shimmery White – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Christmastime is Here Specialty DSP – 3 5/8″ x 4 7/8″, 1/2″ x 3 5/8″