Good Morning! Last week I finally pulled out my Stampin’ Up! On the Horizon bundle for this card and I had a little of the New Horizons DSP left over. So I decided to use it for an example of the simplest and most elegant designs I’ve seen with this suite – a simple 3″ x 3″ panel mounted on a Basic White background. You can find the supplies I used at the bottom of my post along with the sizes of cardstock used.
I stamped the sentiment from the Stampin’ Up! On the Horizon stamp set about 1″ from the bottom of a Basic White panel and adhered the panel to the front of an Evening Evergreen card base.
I stamped the trees from the Stampin’ Up! On the Horizon cling stamp set in Basic Gray twice on the New Horizons designer series paper panel. I stamped the little birds from the Mountain Air stamp set in the sky using Basic Gray. These little birds are perfectly proportioned for the small panel. I adhered the DSP panel to an Evening Evergreen mat with liquid glue.
I cut a panel of Evening Evergreen with the tree die from the Horizons die and adhered it to the DSP panel with dots of liquid glue. I adhered the panel to the card front with dimensionals and finished the front with a Brushed Metallic dot.
I stamped the trees from the Stampin’ Up! On the Horizon stamp set twice in Basic Gray on the bottom of a Basic White panel. I cut another set of trees from Evening Evergreen and adhered it to the panel so that I echo the design on the small DSP panel on the card front. I adhered the panel to the inside of the card.
The Stampin’ Up! On The Horizon bundle has so many stamps and dies that can be used to dress up a square panel of the New Horizon DSP for simple 3″ x 3″ scenes. The simple dark card stock framing makes the scene pop, and you can easily incorporate other nature stamp or die sets such as the Mountain Air stamp set. It can be kept simple or stepped up with additional embellishments or embossing and it’s a great option for masculine cards. And you can get real creative and make 4 cards from a single sheet of New Horizons DSP for a nice set of handmade cards!
The March Paper Pumpkin Kit is Beyond the Horizon!
If you like the New Horizons suite, consider the March Paper Pumpkin kit. The Beyond the Horizon Paper Pumpkin Kit includes watercolor prints and designs inspired by the beautiful nature around us to create nine cards and coordinating envelopes. And this month’s kit includes another FREE stamp set inside (yes—that’s two stamp sets in one kit!) as Paper Pumpkin’s way of saying THANK YOU!
Here are the Details:
- This month’s kit contains enough elements to create 9 cards—3 each of 3 designs—and 9 coordinating envelopes.
- Card size – 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″
- Envelope size – 4-1/2″ x 5-3/4″
- This kit includes printed card bases, die-cut paper pieces, embellishments, adhesive, and more!
- The Beyond the Horizon kit includes a Misty Moonlight Stampin’ Spot.
- Elegant watercolor designs curated by our in-house artists to take your crafting to the next level
- This kit’s stamp set is perfect for any occasion. With sentiments that say “thanks”, “hello”, “thinking of you,” and so many more, you’ll be able to use this stamp set year round.
- And if you thought one stamp set was great just wait—this month’s kit comes with a BONUS stamp set for FREE!
- This kit perfectly coordinates with the New Horizon Suite in the Jan-June Mini catalog.
Coordinating Colors: Bumblebee, Calypso Coral, Evening Evergreen, Misty Moonlight, Night of Navy, Old Olive, Pale Papaya
If you’re interested in subscribing to Paper Pumpkin, you can either sign up for a subscription where you are billed monthly for your kit or you can purchase a prepaid subscription in my Online Store. To see more information and to sign up for the monthly subscription click here. To see the options for prepaid subscriptions in my Online Store, click here.
Sign up deadline for the March 2022 kit is March 10, 2022. Note: Supplies may be limited toward the end of the subscription period.
Sale-A-Bration is ending soon – Feb 28 2022!
Sale-A-Bration is one of Stampin’ Up!’s biggest promotions of the year with fun for everyone! There are fantastic Sale-A-Bration specials for Shopping, Hosting and Joining! See my Promotions Page for more details or contact me and I’ll be happy to tell you more! But hurry because these specials are only available through February 28, 2022 or while supplies last!
Current Host Code: 3QYMGKQY
Use this host code when you order $50 or more and receive a free gift from me! The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog or the January – June 2022 Mini Catalog!
If your order is over $150, please do not use the host code since you’ll receive your own Host Dollars plus I’ll still send you the free gift! This host code can be used by anyone, no club or commitment required. Let me know if you have any questions.
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Shop Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or contact me if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!
- Visit my online store here
- See the current Stampin’ Up! clearance rack specials here
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! products through my Wildflower Frequent Shopper Program – my way of saying thank you to my online frequent shopper customers.
- Have any questions? I’d be happy to help, click here to contact me.
Cardstock Cuts for this project:
- Evening Evergreen – 4-1/4″ x 11″ card base scored at 5-1/2″, 3-1/4″ x 3-1/4″ (DSP mat), 1-1/2″ x 4-1/4″ (tree line die cuts)
- Basic White – two 4″ x 5-1/4″ panels (inside and front panels)
- New Horizons DSP – 3″ x 3″ (scene)