Good Monday Morning! I hope you had a wonderful weekend! I was super busy and didn’t get to do my Sunday afternoon Facebook live. But I was able to put together a quick card with the new Stampin’ Up! Art Gallery Bundle. And I tried something new – a slimline card. This was a little different and fun. You can find the supplies at the bottom of my post along with the sizes of cardstock used.
I was inspired to try the slimline design by the sketch challenge in Freshly Made Sketches 467. I really like the sketch and the slimline cards are so popular, so I thought it was time to give it a try. Here’s the sketch:
I started by adhering the pretty Fine Art Floral designer series paper to a Basic White panel and popping it on the front of a Flirty Flamingo card base with dimensionals. I stamped two of the small flowers from the Stampin’ Up! Art Gallery photopolymer stamp set in So Saffron on Basic White. I stamped the small highlight stamp over them in Bumblebee ink and cut them out with the coordinating die.
I stamped the large flower in Flirty Flamingo and Poppy Parade on Basic White using the two large stamps in the Stampin’ Up! Art Gallery stamp set. I cut it out with the coordinating die. I stamped the stem and leaves in Old Olive on Basic White and cut it out with the coordinating die.
I ran some Stampin’ Seal on the designer series paper where I planned to put the flowers and looped some gold trim around, sticking it to the Stampin’ Seal. I adhered the leaves and small flowers with glue dots and popped the large flower on with dimensionals. I stamped the sentiment from the Stampin’ Up! Art Gallery stamp set in Poppy Parade on a strip of Flirty Flamingo and cut it out with the pretty label die. I adhered it to the card front with glue dots and finished the front with three gold glitter enamel gems.
For the inside of the card, I stamped the So Saffron and Bumblebee flower in the lower corner and added some Old Olive leaves. I adhered a panel of Fine Art Floral DSP to the side and adhered the panel to the inside of the card.
The pretty Stampin’ Up! Art Gallery bundle and Fine Art Floral designer series paper made it fairly easy to experiment with my first slimline card. I think the next step is to learn how to make an envelope.
Tomorrow is the last day for Stampin’ In The Meadows Double Wildflower Points!
To celebrate the new catalog and Sale A Bration, I am offering a Double Wildflower points ordering special through January 12.
If you don’t know about my Wildflower Points frequent shopper program, here’s how it works:
- For each $50 that you order from my online store (before shipping) you will earn one Wildflower point.
- You will earn one Wildflower point for each friend that you refer when they place their first order of $50+ from my online store.
- When you have earned 8 Wildflower points you will get a FREE product order valued up to $40.00, your choice and mailed directly to you!
With DOUBLE Wildflower points you get 2 points for each $50 order, 4 points for each $100 order, and so on, reaching your FREE order faster!!
Basic White Cardstock Products Now Available
Last month Stampin’ Up! announced that the Whisper White products are being discontinued because the supplier’s mill had to close due to COVID-19 impacts. So they worked on a replacement called Basic White which was thoroughly checked it out with their quality assurance and product teams. They even tested it with some demonstrators and concept artists who gave it the thumbs up. And it’s now available in the Online Store.
Here are the list of Basic White products with links:
- BASIC WHITE 8-1/2″ X 11″ CARDSTOCK (159276)
- BASIC WHITE 8-1/2″ X 11″ THICK CARDSTOCK (159229)
- BASIC WHITE 12″ X 12″ CARDSTOCK (159231)
- BASIC WHITE MEDIUM ENVELOPES (159236)
- BASIC WHITE NOTE CARDS & ENVELOPES (159232)
- BASIC WHITE 3″ X 3″ ENVELOPES (159233)
- BASIC WHITE ASSORTED MEMORIES & MORE CARDS & ENVELOPES (159234)
I did use Basic White on today’s card rather than Whisper White and I’m pretty happy with the way it stamped and cut.
January 1 – 15 Host Code: 4YZ2J366
Use this host code when you order $50 or more and receive a free gift from me! The gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in the 2020-21 Annual Catalog or the Jan-Jun 2021 Mini Catalog.
If your order is over $150, please do not use the host code since you’ll receive your own Host Dollars plus I’ll still send you the free gift! This host code can be used by anyone, no commitment required. Let me know if you have any questions.
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Shop Now Button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my Online store or contact me if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!
- Visit my Online store here
- See the current Stampin’ Up! clearance rack specials here
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! products through my Wildflower Frequent Shopper Program – my way of saying thank you to my frequent shopper online customers.
- Sign up for my monthly newsletter here
- Have any questions? I’d be happy to help, click here to contact me.
Cardstock Cuts for this project:
- Flirty Flamingo – 7″ x 8-1/2″ card base scored at 3-1/2″, 1″ x 3-1/4″ (label)
- Basic White – 3-1/8″ x 8-1/8″ (front mat), 3″ x 8″ (inside panel), 1-1/4″ x 4″ (small flowers), 2-1/4″ x 2-1/2″ (large flower), 2-1/2″ x 2-1/2″ (stem and leaves)
- Fine Art Floral DSP – 3″ x 8″ (front panel), 2″ x 2-7/8″ (inside trim)