Good Morning and welcome to the Happy Inkin’ Thursday Blog Hop! I brought out the Stampin’ Up! Peaceful Moments bundle and the pretty Poppy Moments dies to make a Birthday card for today’s hop. You can find the currently available supplies used to create this card at the bottom of my post along with the sizes of cardstock used.
We have a color challenge this week, and here is the color palette we are using for our projects:
I embossed a panel of Misty Moonlight with the Bricks and Mortar embossing folder and adhered it to the front of a Misty Moonlight card base. I cut a panel of the Misty Moonlight striped paper from the Trimming the Town designer series paper (which just sold out, sadly) with the Stitched Rectangles Die and cut a panel of Misty Moonlight with thee same die. I adhered them together and cut out the middle with a Stitched Rectangle die two sizes smaller. I adhered the frame to a Pool Party panel from the Subtles 6″ x 6″ designer series paper with dimensionals. I adhered the whole thing to the middle of the card front.
I used the Poppy Moments Dies from the Stampin’ Up! Peaceful Moments bundle to cut out the flower and leaves from Poppy Parade, Old Olive and Black Glitter paper. I colored the accent leaves with the Old Olive Stampin Blends and the accent flower with the Poppy Parade Stampin’ Blends and clear Wink of Stella. I put the flowers and leaves together with liquid glue and adhered them to the card front with dimensionals and liquid glue.
I stamped the sentiment from the Stampin’ Up! Poppy Moments stamp set in Misty Moonlight ink on a Pool Party panel and cut it out with the small rectangle from the Stitched Rectangles Dies. I adhered it to the striped frame and finished the card front with a Poppy Parade and gold trimmed bow and gold glitter enamel dots.
I stamped the sentiment from the Stampin’ Up! Peaceful Moments stamp set in Poppy Parade ink on a Whisper White Panel and trimmed the bottom with the striped DSP. I adhered the panel to the inside of the card.
The die cut poppies from the Stampin’ Up! Peaceful Moments bundle are so beautiful that I think you can to use them at any time of the year!
On with the Hop! Click the Next button below to visit Karen Ksenzakovic’s blog.
And just in case you get lost along the way, here’s a list of the team members participating in the hop today:
- Amy Koenders
- Mary Deatherage
- Kristi Gray
- Jaimie Babarczy
- Sue Prather
- Karen Finkle
- Akiko Sudano <– you are here
- Karen Ksenzakovic
- Julie Johnston
December 16 – 31 Host Code: E7SDCMYW
Use this host code when you order $50 or more and receive a free gift from me! The gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in the 2019-20 Annual Catalog or in the 2020 January-June Mini Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets!
If your order is over $150, please do not use the host code since you’ll receive your own Host Dollars plus I’ll still send you the free gift! This host code can be used by anyone, no commitment required. Let me know if you have any questions.
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Shop Now Button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or contact me if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
Thanks for visiting!
- Visit my online store here
- See the current Stampin’ Up! clearance rack specials here
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! products through my Wildflower Frequent Shopper Program – my way of saying thank you to my frequent shopper online customers.
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter here
- Have any questions? I’d be happy to help, click here to contact me.
Cardstock Cuts for this project:
- Misty Moonlight – 4-1/2″ x 11″ card base scored at 5-1/2″, 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ (embossed background), 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ (frame backing)
- Pool Party – 1-1/2″ x 2″ (label)
- Old Olive – 2″ x 8-1/2″ (die cut leaves)
- Poppy Parade – 3″ x 5-1/2″ (die cut poppy)
- Black Glitter – 1″ x 1″ (flower center)
- Whisper White – 3-3/4″ x 5″ (inside panel)
- Subtles 6″ x 6″ DSP – 2-3/4″ x 4-1/8″ (frame background)
- Trimming The Town DSP – 3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ panel (stitched rectangle frame), 1/2″ x 3-3/4″ (inside trim)
Stampin’ Up! products used in this project: