Hello and welcome to the Happy Inkin’ Thursday Blog Hop! For today’s hop, I used the beautiful Stampin’ Up! Poinsettia Petals bundle with the Wonder of the Season specialty designer series paper and decorated a mini Paper Pumpkin box. You can find the supplies used to create this card at the bottom of my post along with the sizes of cardstock used.
We have a theme challenge this week, and here is the theme we are using for our projects:
I covered the top and sides of the mini Paper Pumpkin box with the Wonder of the Season specialty designer series paper matted with Shaded Spruce. I was careful to make sure that the writing was in the correct direction when cutting and adhering to the box. I made a loopy bow with the Shaded Spruce ribbon to tie around the box and it’s loose enough to easily slip on and off.
I made a large red foil poinsettia with the Poinsettia Dies from the Stampin’ Up! Poinsettia Petals bundle. I used the embossing inserts to cut the petals and gently bent the each petal backwards. I adhered the petal clusters together with glue dots and finished the center with the beaded Pearls.
I cut three poinsettia leaves from green foil and two silver foil berry sprigs using the dies from the Stampin’ Up! Poinsettia Petals bundle. I used the tag die from the North Pole Wonder Dies to cut a tag from the Wonder of the Season specialty designer series paper and adhered the leaves, berry sprigs and flower to the tag with glue dots.
I looped the trim from the glitter star through thee tag and tied it to the bow. So as the bow is slipped around the box, the tag goes with it.
And of course the inside of the box needs some festive tissue. I stamped a sheet of white tissue paper with the poinsettia from the Stampin’ Up! Poinsettia Petals photopolymer stamp set in Real Red and one of the outline holly branches from the Joyful Holly stamp set in Shaded Spruce to finish off the festive mood.
On with the Hop! Click the Next button below to visit Karen Ksenzakovic’s blog.
And just in case you get lost along the way, here’s a list of the team members participating in the hop today:
- Amy Koenders
- Mary Deatherage
- Kristi Gray
- Jaimie Babarczy
- Sue Prather
- Akiko Sudano <– you are here
- Karen Ksenzakovic
- Julie Johnston
December 1 – 15 Host Code: E7SDCMYW
Use this host code when you order $50 or more and receive a free gift from me! The gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in the 2019-20 Annual Catalog or in the 2020 January-June Mini Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets!
If your order is over $150, please do not use the host code since you’ll receive your own Host Dollars plus I’ll still send you the free gift! This host code can be used by anyone, no commitment required. Let me know if you have any questions.
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Shop Now Button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or contact me if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
Thanks for visiting!
- Visit my online store here
- See the current Stampin’ Up! clearance rack specials here
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! products through my Wildflower Frequent Shopper Program – my way of saying thank you to my frequent shopper online customers.
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter here
- Have any questions? I’d be happy to help, click here to contact me.
Cardstock Cuts for this project:
- Shaded Spruce – 3-5/8″ x 5-3/8″ (box top), two 7/8″ x 5-5/8″ (box long sides), two 7/8″ x 3-5/8″ (box short sides)
- Red Foil – 4-1/4″ x 6″ (poinsettia petals)
- Green Foil – 1-1/2″ x 6″ (poinsettia leaves)
- Silver Foil -1-1/2″ x 4″ (berry sprigs)
- Wonder of the Season specialty DSP – 3-1/2″ x 5″ (box top), two 3/4″ x 5-1/2″ (box long sides), two 3/4″ x 3-1/2″ (box short sides), 2-1/2″ x 3-3/4″ (tag)
Stampin’ Up! products used in this project: