Hello and welcome to the Happy Inkin’ Thursday Blog Hop! For today’s hop, I used the beautiful Stampin’ Up! Poinsettia Petals bundle with the ‘Tis The Season 6″ x 6″ designer series paper to make a traditional Christmas Card. You can find the supplies used to create this card at the bottom of my post along with the sizes of cardstock used.
We have a color challenge this week, and here is the festive color palette we are using for our projects:
Adhere the strip of colorful holly paper to the panel of red holly ‘Tis The Season 6″ x 6″ designer series paper with liquid glue. Adhered the panel to a Cherry Cobbler mat and then to the front of a Real Red card base. Adhere the plaid ‘Tis The Season DSP to a Shaded Spruce mat and then adhere it to the card front.
Stamp the sentiment from the Itty Bitty Christmas stamp set in Versamark ink on a strip of Shaded Spruce. Sprinkle it with white embossing powder and heat set until shiny. Trim the end with the Banner Pick A Punch and adhere it to the card front. Using the Poinsettia Dies from the Stampin’ Up! Poinsettia Petals bundle, cut the three largest petal clusters from Red Velvet paper with the middle embossing panel. Adhere the layers together with liquid glue.
Cut one of each leaf from the Poinsettia Dies from Garden Green and cut the flower center and berry sprig from gold foil. Adhere the flower center to the poinsettia with a glue dot and adhere the flower to the card front with more glue dots. Add liquid glue to the leaves and gold berry sprig and tuck them under the poinsettia. Finish the card front with three Wonderful Gems.
Stamp the poinsettia from the Stampin’ Up! Poinsettia Petals photopolymer stamp set in Real Red ink on a Whisper White panel. Stamp the sentiment in Shaded Spruce and adhere another strip of plaid ‘Tis The Season 6″ x 6″ DSP to the bottom of the panel. Adhere the panel to the inside of the card.
The Stampin’ Up! Poinsettia Petals bundle makes the most beautiful 3d poinsettia flower for Christmas cards. And the ‘Tis The Season 6″ x 6″ designer series paper is so festive – any card made with it is sure to bring holiday!
On with the Hop! Click the Next button below to visit Karen Ksenzakovic’s blog.
And just in case you get lost along the way, here’s a list of the team members participating in the hop today:
- Amy Koenders
- Mary Deatherage
- Kristi Gray
- Sue Prather
- Karen Finkle
- Akiko Sudano <– you are here
- Karen Ksenzakovic
- Julie Johnston
November 15-30 Host Code: N7E9DGB9
Use this host code when you order $50 or more and receive a free gift from me! The gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in the 2019-20 Annual Catalog or in the 2020 January-June Mini Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets!
If your order is over $150, please do not use the host code since you’ll receive your own Host Dollars plus I’ll still send you the free gift! This host code can be used by anyone, no commitment required. Let me know if you have any questions.
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Shop Now Button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or contact me if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
Thanks for visiting!
- Visit my online store here
- See the current Stampin’ Up! clearance rack specials here
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! products through my Wildflower Frequent Shopper Program – my way of saying thank you to my frequent shopper online customers.
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter here
- Have any questions? I’d be happy to help, click here to contact me.
Cardstock Cuts for this project:
- Real Red – 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ card base scored at 4-1/4″
- Cherry Cobbler – 3-1/2″ x 4-3/4″ (front mat)
- Garden Green – 1-1/2″ x 3-3/4″ (poinsettia leaves)
- Shaded Spruce – 2-1/2″ x 3-1/2″ (front mat), 1/2″ x 3-1/2″ (label)
- Whisper White – 3-3/4″ x 5″ (inside panel)
- Gold Foil – 2″ x 2″ (berry sprig and flower center)
- Red Velvet – 3-1/4″ x 8″ (poinsettia flower die cuts)
- ‘Tis The Season 6″ x 6″ DSP – 3-3/8″ x 4-5/8″ (red holly), 1-3/4″ x 3-3/8″ (colorful holly), 2-3/8″ x 4-3/8″ (plaid), 3/8″ x 5″ (plaid inside trim)
Stampin’ Up! products used in this project: