Good Morning! Welcome to the Happy Inkin’ Thursday Blog Hop! I wanted to use the Stampin’ Up! Celebrate Sunflowers bundle to make a fall card, and the color palette for today’s hop gave me the perfect excuse to pull it out! You can find the supplies used to create this card at the bottom of my post along with the sizes of cardstock used.
We have a color challenge this week, and here is the color palette we are using. I ended up using all of the colors:
I adhered a strip of the striped paper from the Gilded Autumn specialty designer series paper to a panel of the dark wood grained paper from the In Good Taste designer series paper and then to to a Cajun Craze mat. I popped the layered panel on the front of a Crumb Cake card base with dimensionals.
I stamped the large sunflower from the Stampin’ Up! Celebrate Sunflowers cling stamp set in Early Espresso ink on a Very Vanilla panel. I colored it with Calypso Coral, Cajun Craze and Soft Suede Stampin’ Blends and cut it out with the coordinating die from the Sunflower Dies. I cut the large lacy sunflower from brushed copper foil and three lacy leaves from Mossy Meadow card stock. I popped the copper die cut to the front of the sunflower and the layered sunflower to the card front with dimensionals. I adhered glue dots to the leaves and slipped them under the flower.
I stamped the sentiment from the Stampin’ Up! Celebrate Sunflowers stamp set in Cajun Craze ink on a Very Vanilla panel and cut it out with the stitched pinked circle from the Tasteful Labels Dies. I adhered it to the card front with Stampin’ Seal and added three champagne rhinestones for a touch of sparkle.
I stamped part of the large sunflower from the Stampin’ Up! Celebrate Sunflowers in the lower corner of a Very Vanilla panel and added a strip of the Gilded Autumn Specialty DSP to the side. I adhered it to the inside of the card with Stampin’ Seal.
I was surprised at how well this color palette goes together. And I love the touch of Cajun Craze with the natural elements – the realistic flower and dark wood.
On with the Hop! Click the Next button below to visit Karen Ksenzakovic’s blog.
And just in case you get lost along the way, here’s a list of the team members participating in the hop today:
- Amy Koenders
- Mary Deatherage
- Kristi Gray
- Jaimie Babarczy
- Sue Prather
- Karen Finkle
- Akiko Sudano <– you are here
- Karen Ksenzakovic
August 16 – 31 Host Code: TV9N9BHQ
Use this host code when you order $50 or more and receive a free gift from me! The gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in the 2019-20 Annual Catalog or in the 2020 January-June Mini Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets!
If your order is over $150, please do not use the host code since you’ll receive your own Host Dollars plus I’ll still send you the free gift! This host code can be used by anyone, no commitment required. Let me know if you have any questions.
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Shop Now Button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or contact me if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
Thanks for visiting!
- Visit my online store here
- See the current Stampin’ Up! clearance rack specials here
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! products through my Wildflower Frequent Shopper Program – my way of saying thank you to my frequent shopper online customers.
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter here
- Have any questions? I’d be happy to help, click here to contact me.
Cardstock Cuts for this project:
- Crumb Cake – 4-1/4″ x 11″ card base scored at 5-1/2″
- Cajun Craze – 4″ x 5-1/4″ (front mat)
- Mossy Meadow – 1-3/4″ x 3-3/4″ (die cut leaves)
- Brushed Copper Foil – 3-1/2″ x 3-1/2″ (sunflower)
- Very Vanilla – 4″ x 5-1/4″ (inside panel), 3-1/2″ x 3-1/2″ (sunflower), 2″ x 2″ (label)
- In Good Taste DSP – 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″ (front background)
- Gilded Autumn DSP – 1-1/2″ x 5-1/8″ (front accent strip), 1/4″ x 5-1/4″ (inside trim)