Good Morning! Welcome to the Happy Inkin’ Thursday Blog Hop! It’s been such a hectic and fun week with the new catalog opening and organizing my new products. But I just love the new In Colors and there are so many fantastic new bundles.
We have a sketch challenge this week, and here is the card sketch we are using:
I started with a strip of the pretty Playing with Patterns 6×6 designer series paper and adhered it to a Night of Navy mat. I embossed a panel of the new In Color Just Jade card stock with the Ornate Floral 3D embossing folder and adhered it to the front of a Just Jade card base. I adhered the matted Playing with Patterns DSP to the center of the card front. The DSP has Coastal Cabana stripes, but it really goes well with the Just Jade – I was surprised!
I cut the leaf wreath from the Stampin’ Up! Wreath Builder Die set from Just Jade and Vellum card stocks. I used a die from the Layering Circles Dies to cut a circle from Whisper White card stock and stamped the smile sentiment from the Stampin’ Up! Lovely You stamp set in Night of Navy ink in the center of the circle. I layered the Just Jade wreath on the Vellum wreath and adhered them with liquid glue. I adhered the circle to the back of the the wreaths with liquid glue on the inside leaves and then I adhered the layered wreath to the card front.
Next came the fun part – I cut sets of flowers using the flower dies from the Stampin’ Up! Wreath Builder dies from Calypso Coral, Crushed Curry and Magenta Madness card stock. I also cut the bow from Night of Navy card stock. I adhered a large rhinestone gem to the center of the bow and adhered the bow to the bottom of the wreath with a glue dot. I adhered rhinestone gems to the center of each flower using the medium gems for the large flower and small gems to the small flower. I arranged the flowers around the wreath, adhering them with glue dots.
The inside of the card is is plain, I just added a strip of the Playing with Patterns DSP to the bottom of a Whisper White panel and adhered it to the inside of the card. This leaves plenty of room for writing a cheerful note to brighten a friend’s day.
On with the Hop! Click the Next button below to visit Karen Ksenzakovic’s blog.
And just in case you get lost along the way, here’s a list of the team members participating in the hop today:
- Amy Koenders
- Mary Deatherage
- Kristi Gray
- Jaimie Babarczy
- Karen Finkle
- Eva Dobilas
- Akiko Sudano <– you are here
- Karen Ksenzakovic
June 1 – 15 Host Code: 6TV9W6ZJ
Use this host code when you order $50 or more and receive a free gift from me! The gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in the 2020-2021 Annual Catalog.
If your order is over $150, please do not use the host code since you’ll receive your own Host Dollars plus I’ll still send you the free gift! This host code can be used by anyone, no commitment required. Let me know if you have any questions.
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Shop Now Button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or contact me if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
Thanks for visiting!
- Visit my online store here
- See the current Stampin’ Up! clearance rack specials here
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! products through my Wildflower Frequent Shopper Program – my way of saying thank you to my frequent shopper online customers.
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter here
- Have any questions? I’d be happy to help, click here to contact me.
Cardstock Cuts for this project:
- Just Jade – 4-1/4″ x 11″ card base scored at 5-1/2″, 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ (embossed panel), 4″ x 4″ (die cut wreath)
- Night of Navy – 2-3/8″ x 5-1/2″ (DSP mat), 1-1/4″ x 2″ (die cut bow)
- Calypso Coral – 2″ x 2″ (die cut flowers)
- Crushed Curry – 2″ x 2″ (die cut flowers)
- Magenta Madness – 2″ x 2″ (die cut flowers)
- Vellum – 4″ x 4″ (die cut wreath)
- Whisper White – 4″ x 5-1/4″ (inside panel), 3″ x 3″ (die cut circle)
- Playing with Patterns DSP – 2-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ (center front panel), 1/2″ x 4″ (inside trim)