Good Morning! Today I have a nautical masculine birthday card made with the Stampin’ Up! Sailing Home stamp bundle. Nautical theme cards are great staples for making masculine cards and the Stampin’ Up! Sailing Home bundle has great images and dies to let you easily create wonderful cards! You can find the supplies used to create this card at the bottom of my post along with the sizes of cardstock used.
I embossed a panel of Sahara Sand card stock with the Subtle embossing folder and adhered it to a Night of Navy card base with multipurpose liquid glue. I adhered a strip of the striped Come Sail Away designer series paper and adhered it to a Night of Navy mat before adhering it to the card front. I colored two strips of the nautical instrument Come Sail Away DSP with the Light Crumb Cake Stampin’ Blend. I adhered the thicker strip to a Night of Navy mat. I cut two long rope die cuts with the die from the Smooth Sailing Dies from Soft suede. I adhered one to the top of the layered instrument DSP panel and trimmed the ends before adhering it to the card panel with multipurpose liquid glue.
I stamped the lighthouse image from the Stampin’ Up! Sailing Home cling stamp set in Night of Navy on a Whisper White panel. I colored it with the Light Cherry Cobbler and Gray Granite Stampin’ Blends and cut it out with the coordinating die from the Smooth Sailing Dies. I popped it on the card with dimensionals. I stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment from the Perennial Birthday cling stamp set on a Sahara Sand panel in Night of Navy ink. I cut it out with the stitched rectangle die using the two step partial die cut method so that it was shorter than the die. I adhered it to a Night of Navy mat and to the card with dimensionals.
Using the Smooth Sailing Dies, I made the little die cut accents above the label – so much fun! I cut the coiled rope from Crumb Cake card stock and sponged the edges with Soft Suede ink. I cut the ship wheel from Soft suede card stock and accented the center with a gold metallic pearl. I stamped the anchor from the Stampin’ Up! Sailing Home stamp set in Night of Navy ink on Gray Granite card stock, cut it out with the anchor die and tied the twine around the top. Then I arranged the items on the card and adhered the wheel with multipurpose liquid glue and the anchor and rope with dimensionals. Then I cut the little pennants in the top corner and adhered them with multipurpose liquid glue and topped them off with a ship wheel trinket.
I stamped the sentiment from the Perennial Birthday stamp set in the middle of a Whisper White panel using Night of Navy ink. I stamped the anchor in the top corner in Night of Navy and added the colored DSP to the bottom. I adhered the last die cut rope across the top of the DSP trim and snipped the ends. Then I adhered the panel to the inside of the card with multipurpose liquid glue.
I decorated a Whisper White envelope to match the card by stamping the lighthouse in Night of Navy ink on the side. This is the best nautical stamp set ever and I am so happy that it is not on the retirement list!! Some of the accessories are being retried though, so if you enjoy nautical cards, head over to my Online Store to get them before they’re gone!
April 16 – 30 Host Code: SJ9ZJ46Z
Use this host code when you order $50 or more and receive a free gift from me! The gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in the 2019-20 Annual Catalog or in the 2020 January-June Mini Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets!
If your order is over $150, please do not use the host code since you’ll receive your own Host Dollars plus I’ll send you the free gift! This host code can be used by anyone, no commitment required. Let me know if you have any questions.
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Shop Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my Online store or contact me if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
- Visit my Online store here
- See the current Stampin’ Up! clearance rack specials here
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! products through my Wildflower Frequent Shopper Program – my way of saying thank you to my frequent shopper online customers.
- Sign up for my weekly newsletter here
- Have any questions? I’d be happy to help, click here to contact me.
Cardstock Cuts for this project:
- Night of Navy – 4-1/4″ x 11″ card base scored at 5-1/2″, 2-1/8″ x 5-1/5″ (vertical DSP mat), 1-1/8″ x 4″ (horizontal DSP mat), 1″ x 2″ (label mat), 3/4″ x 1-1/2″ (pennant)
- Sahara Sand – 4″ x 5-1/4″ (embossed background), 1-1/4″ x 2-1/2″ (label), 3/4″ x 1-1/4″ (pennant)
- Crumb Cake – 1-1/4″ x 2″ scrap (coil rope die cut)
- Cherry Cobbler – 1/2″ x 1-3/8″ scrap (pennant)
- Gray Granite – 1-3/4″ x 2-1/4″ scrap (anchor die cut)
- Soft Suede – 2″ x 2″ (ship wheel die cut), 1″ x 5″ strip (2 long rope die cuts)
- Whisper White – 4″ x 5-1/4″ (inside panel), 2-1/2″ x 4″ (light house die cut)
- Come Sail Away DSP – 2″ x 5-1/4″ (front vertical stripe), 1″ x 4″ (front horizontal stripe), 1/2″ x 4″ (inside trim)