Good Morning! For today, I made a feminine thank you card using the beautiful flowers in the Stampin’ Up! Beautiful Friendship Photopolymer Stamp set. I paired it with the linen paper from the Pressed Petals Specialty Designer Series Paper for a natural and rustic look. You can find the supplies used to create this card at the bottom of my post along with the sizes of cardstock used.
I wanted to use both So Saffron and Calypso Coral on the large double roses, so I mounted the stamp on my Stamparatus. I first inked it with So Saffron ink and stamped it on Very Vanilla. Then I used sponge daubers to add Calypso Coral ink to the stamp and stamped again in the same place. I did this a couple of times until I got the depth of color I wanted in the places I wanted. The Stamparatus made this quite easy.
I then stamped the large hydrangea in Seaside Spray and the small rose in Calypso Coral. I stamped the rose centers in Calypso Coral after stamping off once. I lightly sponged all the flowers in the same inks. I then cut it out with the Stitched Rectangle die and adhered a piece of Very Vanilla Scalloped Lace to the bottom.
I stamped the thank you sentiment from the Free as a Bird stamp set in Seaside Spray on a scrap of Very Vanilla and cut it out with the small stitched oval from the Stitched Shapes dies. I cut a backing from a scrap of Night of Navy cardstock with the small scalloped oval from the Layering Ovals dies. I adhered a piece of Braided Linen Trim across the bottom and attached the labels and a bow. I finished it off with three small Seaside Spray Faceted Dots.
I stamped the hydrangea stamp from the Stampin’ Up! Beautiful Friendship stamp set on a strip of Very Vanilla to cover it. I then ran it through the Scripty Embossing Folder and sponged it with Seaside Spray to highlight the embossing. I adhered it to a panel of Pressed Petals DSP and then to a Night of Navy card base with liquid glue. I attached the floral panel with Dimensionals.
I decorated the inside of the card by stamping the large double rose image from the Stampin’ Up! Beautiful Friendship stamp set in So Saffron ink on Very Vanilla cardstock after stamping off. I stamped the flower centers in Calypso Coral after stamping off twice. I lightly sponged the flower in So Saffron to fill it in and adhered it to a panel of Pressed Petals DSP and then to the inside of the card.
I hope you like today’s card. The flowers in the Stampin’ Up! Beautiful Friendship stamp set remind me of Victorian cabbage roses in vintage fabrics and porcelain. Maybe it’s a little fussy for today’s tastes – what do you think? Thanks for visiting!
Buy 3 Get 1 Free Designer Series Paper Sale Is Back – Starting Sept 4!
By popular demand, Stampin’ Up! is bringing back the Designer Series Paper Sale! During September 4–30, you can buy three packages of select Designer Series Paper, and get one FREE!
Here are the Details:
- Sale Dates: September 4–30
- Order Deadline: September 30, 2019; 11:50 pm (MT)
- Only Designer Series Papers listed in the table below qualify for this promotion. You may mix and match papers from any of the listed papers.
- There is no limit to how many times participants can buy three packages of Designer Series Paper, and get one free during this sale.
- In the online ordering system, when three qualifying Designer Series Paper packs are entered, a prompt to add a free Designer Series Paper will appear.
- In the online store, if a you order four packages of the same qualifying Designer Series Paper, you will need to enter three together and then order the fourth free item separately.
- Designer Series Paper ordered as part of a Starter Kit does not qualify for this sale.
- Designer Series Paper ordered with Stampin’ Rewards does not qualify for this sale.
Here are the Designer Series Paper Packs that are included in the Sale:
|149100||166||PERENNIAL ESSENCE DESIGNER SERIES PAPER||$11.50|
|149443||166||SEE A SILHOUETTE DESIGNER SERIES PAPER||$11.50|
|149481||167||COME SAIL AWAY DESIGNER SERIES PAPER||$11.50|
|149484||165||MAGNOLIA LANE DESIGNER SERIES PAPER||$11.50|
|149488||165||GARDEN LANE DESIGNER SERIES PAPER||$11.50|
|149489||165||FOLLOW YOUR ART DESIGNER SERIES PAPER||$11.50|
|149497||165||WOVEN THREADS DESIGNER SERIES PAPER||$11.50|
|149589||166||DINOROAR DESIGNER SERIES PAPER||$11.50|
|149592||166||BIRD BALLAD DESIGNER SERIES PAPER||$11.50|
|149500||167||PRESSED PETALS SPECIALTY DESIGNER SERIES PAPER||$14.50|
Get ready for this great sale starting September 4!
We only have a few more days left in Bonus Days! Don’t forget to redeem those $5 coupons that you earned for purchases in July. See the full details on my Stampin’ Up! Promotions Page.
August 16 – 31 Host Code: KHSFPFPZ
September 1 – 15 Host Code: DHYEBG62
Use this host code when you order and receive a free gift from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift. The free gift is your choice of any item valued up to $10.00 in the 2018-19 Annual Catalog or in the 2019 Occasions Catalog! That includes some of the Host Exclusive stamp sets!
If you need any stamping supplies, I’d be very happy to be your Demonstrator. Just click on the Shop Now button on the right side of the screen to go directly to my online store or contact me if you have any questions. Happy Stamping!
- Visit my online store here
- See the current Stampin’ Up! clearance rack specials here
- Earn FREE Stampin’ Up! products through my Wildflower Frequent Shopper Program – my way of saying thank you to my frequent shopper online customers.
- Have any questions? I’d be happy to help, click here to contact me.
Cardstock Cuts for this project:
- Night of Navy – 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ card base, 1 1/4″ x 2 1/4″ scrap for label
- Very Vanilla – (2) 4 3/4″ x 3 1/2″ panels, 1 1/4″ x 2 1/4″ scrap for label, 1 1/2″ x 3 3/4″ strip
- Pressed Petals DSP – (2) 3 3/4″ x 5″ panels